Tuesday, February 26, 2013

First Love! (Bokura ga ita)

Bokura Ga Ita ( We Were Here) is another Japanese melodramatic movie about first love. It's based on a manga with the same name which later had an anime adaptation. I have watched this anime in college but stopped at episode 10 out of 26 episodes. At that time, I was really busy with my studies and I thought the progress of the story was just too slow even if the plot was going somewhere. I took a break from it and never re-watched it. Five years later, I came across it again, only this time it has turned into a live action movie.  I got excited so I had to stream the movie right away.


"We Were Here" follows the 10 year romance between Yano Motoharu (Ikuta Toma) & Takahashi Nanami (Yoshitaka Yuriko). During their high school days, Yano Motoharu was the most popular boy in school, but can't get over the death of his girlfriend from a car crash. Takahashi Nanami falls in love with Yano Motoharu and must deal with his inability to let go of the past.


The plot falls into the stereotype where popular boy falls for the ordinary girl. If your sick of this type of films, I suggest you watch this one. The reason behind it is that, even if it falls under that category, it has an endearing quality to it. It feels realistic and somehow, it makes you reminisce  about your first love. For those who have seen the anime or read the manga, you may think the development of the movie just went too fast. But I think that's what usually happens when you turn a book/manga/anime into a movie . We just have to deal with it as long as they don't lose the good parts and they stay true to the main elements of the story. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the movie. So if you're in the mood for a good high school romantic movie to watch, give this one a try and tell me your opinion about it. By the way it's divided into two parts, links are provided below. Enjoy!

Part 1:

Part 2:





















Don't forget to leave comments and suggestions! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Just found this blog while I was searching using Google and I liked it right away. It's cool and I think that the bloggers are cool, too. Keep it up. I'll follow this blog from now on.\m/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We're glad that you like it. We hope to share more of our adventures with you.

      Delete